hydrasieve

I am considering a 3 cubic yard self-dumping de-watering hopper for stillage liquid-grain separation.  That will hold the contents of two 300G stripping runs.  My plan is to fill it and leave it to drain over-night.  The next morning dump the grain waste into hoppers for a farmer to pick up.  Then rinse and repeat.

Anybody use a similar method?  How do you think that would compare to a process using a hydrosieve instead?   I assume that fines from grain-on stillage will clog this hydrosieve.

patio29 dadio not sure about a grain in process like you mention , we use the hydrosieve to separate 3rd water from spent grain . as far as fines goes were currently running malt barley thru our process but it is ground very fine . no problem with plugging the hydro sieve the spent grain rolls down and cleans itself . we don't ferment or distill on the grain as it doesn't suit our continuous column , we need our wort and distillers beer clean . we do plan on doing a batch on the grain to compare but haven so far . 

tim 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hudson bay distillers said:

we do plan on doing a batch on the grain to compare but haven so far . 

That's what I'd be interested in. Should these work to dewater a grain-in ferment?