380L/100Gal Bain Marie boiler for sale with controls

We decided to go a different route and unfortunately never got the chance to use this bad boy. The boiler comes equipped with an agitator and drive motor.

I assembled a control panel for this unit that will be for sale with it. It offers control over all 5 heating elements via PID control or a manual on position for each element individually. It has the ability to control the dephlegmator via PID control and solenoid valves. The panel is currently unlabeled but i have placards for each switch and PID. It has a gauge for column temp, jacket temp, and boiler contents temp. It allows control of the agitator from the panel if the motor is a single phase 240v, but it think the included motor with the boiler is 3 phase so that will not be able to control that. I'm sure i am missing some details but if you have any questions please ask!  Keep in mind this boiler can be heated via steam if you are already set up for it and you can ditch/not require such a control panel.

The boiler is available for immediate shipment and is listed at $5500

The panel and the boiler together will sell for $7000

Located in Virginia

Edit: It has an 8" Tri-clamp flange for column connection.

IMG_20140311_224158771.jpg

IMG_20140311_224133670.jpg

IMG_20140311_224708778.jpg

Edited by Cameron
Price drop 11/6

For the control box: Looks like 6 switched SSRs, instead of 5? And there are a couple more SSRs, are those for the motor control, or something else? Looks like each of the heating elements is set up for single phase 120?

It has been some time since i assembled this controller, but with the amount of interest i will dig it out from storage and get reacquainted with it. From memory, 5 of the ssr's on the bottom are for switching one leg of a 240v heating element and the sixth one and one of the upper ones are for both legs of the agitator motor. The remaining one at the top left is for the dephlegmator 110v solenoid valve control. The remaining black dc ssr on the upper right is for the actual control switching of the heating elements ssr's. The PID's only have the current to control 3ish ssr's if memory serves me right.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 12:07 PM, David Webber said:

Definitely interested , did you ever plan a column for it ? 

I would definitely be interested in looking at it if I can get a column to make it a production still 

Is be interested in taking a trip down to see it if I knew I could get a column for it , is it still available? 

49 minutes ago, David Webber said:

Is be interested in taking a trip down to see it if I knew I could get a column for it , is it still available? 

Sorry for the late reply, yes Still Dragon offers a wide array of column choices that integrate well with this unit. check them out here (FYI the top flange on this boiler is 8" but could be adapted down for a slower take off rate if that's required) Sent you a message with my phone number to coordinate a time for you to come look at it.

Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sent you a PM Red Pine. To those wondering about his questions i need to recheck but i'm pretty sure about the components being UL listed. The panel has not been inspected but my plan was to have it inspected after i installed it when that was still my plan.  

• 1 month later...