Hello from Texas

Hello,

I am in the initial planning phase of a new micro-distillery in Texas for Rum, Gin, and Vodka. We are planning on 2100 proof gallons per year with 816 bottles at max production per month. The cost estimates so far are $91k startup total and $14k operating per month. I think we have a good handle on the costs with a 10% contingency (and know we need more) and are looking at a 2500 sq ft location for $13 per square foot per year. Currently capitalized at $105k with a probably $145k for 4 members and am looking at additional capital. My main problem right now is trying to project revenue into the future with bottle sales, tasting rooms sales, tours, and merchandise. I am trying to base it off of walk-ins and tours with % conversion rates but am having trouble. I know what we need to sell (hah), but I am looking for information on realistic numbers (and anything else).

Regards,

Doug Robertson

2100 p.g. x 1.2 (100 proof to 80 Proof) x 3.785 (litres per gallon) / .75 (assuming all bottles at 750 ml.) / 12 (months) = 1059.8 bottles /month    (Not exact calc but I think its close)

If you are bottling at 100 proof  then   2100 x 3.785/ .75/12 = 883.166 bpm