Milk cream separator as a spirit centrifuge

Hello to all forum friends, my name is Jose Echeverría from LUNA Spirits, we the first and only producer of gin and other premium spirits in El Salvador https://luna.com.sv  (sorry about the commercial ;)

I´m trying to make a centrifugal device to filter /clarify our LUNA Amari, LUNA Salmwood "Reposado" gin, and other spirits that have final maceration after distillation.

The question is if, has someone tried to adapt a milk separator or some other similar device that is easy available and cheaper than industrial equipment?

Thanks for your help !!

José

I’ve tried using a dairy centrifuge for spinning out yeast. The issue is a dairy centrifuge is made to separate liquids so it’ll leave all the solids packed in the   Discs in the bowl. If your solids is very low and your centrifuge bowl is big then it maybe possible if you don’t mind disassembling and cleaning regularly. I ended up purchasing a liquids /solids centrifuge which allows the bowl to open and ejects the solids regularly. Much better! I purchased a small home countertop cream separator to test this about $120 US. It did a great job until it plugged up. Currently I use the centrifuge as the first step in a filtration. Then to a plate filter with 0.45 micron to absolute to achieve real clarity. Works great. Helps the 20x20 plate filters last over 1000gal.