Popular Content

Showing most liked content on 05/15/2017 in all areas

  1. 1 like
    I would try Glacier Tank. They carry about every Tri Clamp fitting that you would ever need. https://www.glaciertanks.com/tri-clamp-fittings-hose-adapters.html
  2. 1 like
    GW Kent is another supplier....
  3. 1 like
    This is good advice. I've seen a lot of people get tripped up by referring to tri clamp sizes incorrectly (e.g. referring to the size of the ferrule as the tri clamp size – calling a 2" tri clamp fitting 2.5") Attached is a good reference. It's a printable sheet that (as long as your paper/printer are set up correctly) prints true-to-size, so you can hold up a tri clamp fitting to get the size you need to order. Just put a big "X" over the 1" Maxi. They're not commonly used in stainless steel, as the sheet indicates. gvc_doc_00004(1).pdf
  4. 1 like
    If you are new to the world of fittings, it can be helpful to go to a Brick and mortar store like Davidson Winery Supply in McMinnville to get oriented on what is out there and what it's called.
  5. 1 like
    As @JustAndy said.. Bobby_M at brewhardware.com has tons of fittings. I've also used http://brewershardware.com for larger TC fittings that don't apply to your problem.
  6. 1 like
  7. 1 like
    The napkin-math is pretty simple. It takes 8.33 BTU to change 1 gallon of water 1 degree. So, 1000 gallons from 65-80F means you've got a bank of 125K BTU. Cooling 200 gal from 150 to 80 costs 117K BTU. Actual time to cool is variable, depending on heat exchanger efficiency, etc. Redirecting 1st couple hundred gallons will definitely help but how much? The math gets hairy. Harder question is, how long will it take for the tank to return to ambient?