HottyToddy77

reverse osmosis water system

31 posts in this topic

I was looking at this system with a float switch and filling a 550 gallon tote 

https://www.espwaterproducts.com/flexeon-at-1000-reverse-osmosis-commercial-system-1000-gpd-110v/

I have very soft well water, my water test only showed Manganese. The amount was .275 ppm it was considered high and noted that it would color my fixtures. No chlorine or other minerals were detected.

On 4/21/2016 at 9:09 AM, RobertS said:

We have a Culligan brand system. Haven't used anything else for comparison, but no complaints.

What type of set up do you have?  We are in a small town and there is a Culligan location somewhat close by.  I want to use them so that if we needed servicing or parts, they are close by?  Do you have a reserve water tank?  I have known others who leave the water on overnight or for a few hours and fill an IBC tote so they had enough to proof since the water was slow.  Thoughts?  Thanks. 

I have the ROSCOMP-450 which does 450 - 600 GPD.  We bought the float with it that we mounted into the side of our fresh water tote and turn it on the afternoon before we are going to proof and we have plenty of water in the morning and the float cuts the power to the unit, so no overflow at night.  I bought it from ESP Water Products that HottyToddy77 was looking at for another unit.  Easy to change the filters also.

Don't have part numbers, but we have a couple of small (3 feet of 3 inch pvc shell) membrane filters in sequence. Makes about 10 gallons an hour, so planning is needed. I keep a 10 gallon milk can sealed up with RO water and clean it regularly, mostly for rinsing things. When I need more than that, I'll fill one of my 80 gallon tanks the day before/morning of.

1 minute ago, RobertS said:

Don't have part numbers, but we have a couple of small (3 feet of 3 inch pvc shell) membrane filters in sequence. Makes about 10 gallons an hour, so planning is needed. I keep a 10 gallon milk can sealed up with RO water and clean it regularly, mostly for rinsing things. When I need more than that, I'll fill one of my 80 gallon tanks the day before/morning of.

Standard membrane sizes near yours are:

2521 (2.5" in diameter and 21" long), and
2540 (2.5" in diameter and 40" long).

Hopefully your system uses standard-sized membranes.

Russ

I'd say 2521 is what we have, thank you for looking that up.