We are expanding and looking to hire an assistant distiller.
The Assistant Distiller will focus on production but he or she will be expected to accept a variety of roles at the distillery and do what is necessary to keep the operation running. You'll be a key player in a growing distillery and will expand your knowledge quickly in an open environment. Tasks will include but not be limited to:
· Run the day-to-day production. Keep the production schedule.
· Maintain and clean all equipment used for the production of spirits.
· Assist in all aspects of production, including mashing, fermenting, and distilling spirits, as well as bottling, labeling and packaging spirits.
· Track compliance data for all distilled spirits produced on site.
· Filling, storing and monitoring barrels inventory
· Order supplies, material, and equipment within budget.
· Run the tasting room and give tours as needed
· Attending/working events, both at the distillery and off-site, as needed;
Qualifications and Experience:
· Required to be at least 21 years of age
· Flexible hours and work week but willingness to include working some evenings and weekends, as necessary
· Brewing or distilling experience is a plus
· Proven ability to work with little to no supervision
· Strong orientation towards quality control and safety
· Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities
We offer competitive wages based on experience and abilities.
Please send a resume and brief cover letter explaining why you are interested to firstname.lastname@example.org