Tuesday Morning Insurance Tidbit - Health Insurance

InsuranceMan

Tuesday is upon us once again, dearest ADI-ers, so here we go.

In today's installment of the TMIT I am actually going to ask a short and sweet question and I am hoping for several responses from the forum goers.  I am wondering to myself, "Self ...", I wonder ... "How many distillers out there would like to have a health insurance alternative?"  So, what I am asking is the following, how many distilleries out there would be interested in some sort of health insurance plan?  It could be an individual group type policy, but more what I am wondering is would there be interest in a larger group policy for distillers guilds, etc.?  Let me know if this is something of interest to anyone out there and if so, where you are located and what your thoughts or questions are.  I am doing some exploratory research on my end, but I want to know if anyone else out there has thought about this and I am wanting to get a feel for the potential need of such an offering.  I look forward to hearing from you.  Until next time my friends ....

Stay Vigilant,

Aaron Linden

a.k.a. InsuranceMan 2.0!!!

307-752-5961

aaron@roaringforkins.com         or        insuranceman2.0@yahoo.com 

I'm very interested.  I'm currently insured by Tricare with the military, but as I begin to think about transitioning out of wearing a uniform I need to have something to cover me for when I break.  I'd also like to have better options for my employees as we firmly believe that getting the best employees means providing the the best work environment and benefits which they can find.

• 2 weeks later...

@Skaalvenn and @Airman700, thank you for the feed back.  I am wanting to explore some various options for folks in the distilling industry.  I have the ability to do "onesie-twosie" policies for individuals, but there is more purchasing power in numbers, that is why I would like to know if there are various state guilds, groups, etc., that distillers have formed, and what the interest of those groups would be.  Generally speaking, an organization can not form solely for the reason of securing group health insurance, but many of the state guilds have been around for a while.  Is anyone out there willing to do a polling of your guild/group and find out what kind of a participation rate we may be looking at?