Saverglass Stocking Spirits Bottles In Central US

Josh Heintz

Hi All!

Just a quick note to let you know that Saverglass is going to start stocking spirits bottle in the US for as small as single pallet quantity orders. The first container will arrive in August. The bottle included will be some basics, I.E. Ariane, Kendo & Oslo, to start but we now have the ability to expand.

Please feel free to contact me with questions.

----------------------------------

Joshua P. Heintz

Saverglass Inc.

414-426-5184

jph@saverglass.com

Hi All!

Just a quick note to let you know that Saverglass is going to start stocking spirits bottle in the US for as small as single pallet quantity orders. The first container will arrive in August. The bottle included will be some basics, I.E. Ariane, Kendo & Oslo, to start but we now have the ability to expand.

Please feel free to contact me with questions.

Joshua P. Heintz

Saverglass Inc.

414-426-5184

jph@saverglass.com

That's great news.

So we can get an idea of shipping costs, where are these going to be FOB from?

I see your 414 area code is Wisconsin, but that's probably just your office I figure.

And when they start stocking, if anyone is interested in splitting a pallet in the Kansas, Missouri, Ill, Ark, area feel free to contact me. Can drive to pick up.

Thanks

That's great news.

So we can get an idea of shipping costs, where are these going to be FOB from?

I see your 414 area code is Wisconsin, but that's probably just your office I figure.

And when they start stocking, if anyone is interested in splitting a pallet in the Kansas, Missouri, Ill, Ark, area feel free to contact me. Can drive to pick up.

Thanks

The warehouse is in KY just south of Cincinatti, OH

JPH

Are there any others out there who truly stock bottles (because some say they do, then can't deliver), willing to sell to us little guys one or two pallets, and the price isn't crazy.

I am looking for a supplier who will do what they say. I want to build a relationship with a supplier where I don't feel the need to constantly worry about their price and can pick up the phone and get glass in a week.

I keep hearing people say you should be able to get a bottle for under (or about) a dollar and frosted for a less than $2.00. Is this accurate or am I in left field.

Lee Palleschi

Valley Spirits

Modesto, CA

MasterDistiller@DrinkValleySpirits.com

209-484-0311

I know Waterloo Container has been mentioned before as shipping pallet orders. I've used them in the past and continue to do so, but the price certainly isn't under $2 a bottle. But their selection of spirits bottles from Saver is limited. And I'm sure everyone that has ordered 750's of a particular style has tried to get 375's of that same style. Usually the answer is to buy a half container worth.

And that ain't going to work.

Small producers need to be able to get the bottle styles they use in both 750's and/or 375's (or another smallish size, but not 50 ml as it's a waste of time to bottle and a waste of time for the consumer). That way the regular purchaser doesn't have to pay extra for the small size, and potential new purchasers don't have to pay full price to try it out.

Will Waterloo be able to get 375's in pallet quantities? Will those of us who are current customers of regional distributors like Waterloo be able to direct order pallet quantities of smaller bottle sizes in the styles we currently get from our distributors? And when it comes to credit we're treated almost like lepers. We we be able to get 30 days?

The only reason for this semi-rant is the onslaught of advertising and promotional pitches that seem to pervade the forum and the ADI magazine. The last issue was practically all ads. Are you here to help us grow our businesses and create a new industry, or are you here to take our money?

The warehouse is in KY just south of Cincinatti, OH

JPH

What kind of price adjustment, if any, as opposed to ordering from a different stocking location, not including shipping of course?

And sorry, but simple geography will tell that location isn't close to the 'Midwest'. Just a clarification.

And whatever happened to trying to get a co-op on the bottle market? From what I've seen here and at the various meetings everyone is looking for good bottles in the $1-$1.50 range, in less than pallet, primarily due to the need to stock both 750 and 375. I for one believe in letting the label make the impression on a startup budget, so why can't we get someone stocking/selling the most common 2 or 3 750ml bottles? For those of us starting up, we all could use the help.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Any more word on what styles are available and what sizes?

(My guess is that this warehouse is meant to supply KY bourbon distilleries, and little distilleries are an aside. Sorry for the cynicism. Maybe someone should start a small bottle business to meet the need of the small craft distillers. Hint. Hint.)