Building a simple wash temperature controller

pjmass

Hi everybody.

I was reading the book Modern Moonshine techniques and came to the part about making a wash temperature controller but it did not have much of a description on how it is put together not to mention some of the parts were not available online. Does anyone know how to make one of these? I would like to use it for beer and wine fermentation temperature control.

Thanks.

Its one time one temperature. "Simple infusion"

You don't temperature controller when making a barley mash

Corm is a problm bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the quick response. I really need a fermentation temperature controller but did not want to spend the money to get the parts without really knowing how to construct it. The temperature controller / probe do not have much info other than voltage and temp range. Do you have any simple instructions to elaborate on this subject and a newer parts list especially the probe from chapter 8, page 46?

Thanks again,

pjmass

PJ.....GW Kent makes a nice little thing a ma bob....http://breweryparts.com/index.php/tank-temperature-controller.html

Best,

Brian

Hi everybody.

I was reading the book Modern Moonshine techniques and came to the part about making a wash temperature controller but it did not have much of a description on how it is put together not to mention some of the parts were not available online. Does anyone know how to make one of these? I would like to use it for beer and wine fermentation temperature control.

Thanks.

Automation Direct has some simple temp controllers that you could couple to a temp probe to trigger a solenoid valve if you want to get a little dirty...if that's too dear then you could look at PIC microcontrolers or similar ilk....