Steam Boiler Chemicals

Looking for some feedback / opinions on using boiler chemical feed systems.  I know that these systems are used to prolong the boiler life and food safe versions are available.  After speaking with some companies / distillers they do not like having a chemical in the system since the steam will be direct injected into my still.  What is the general consensus on this?  Am I overthinking the chemicals in my end product?  I would think boiler life would be greatly reduced.    

Are you planning on implementing direct steam injection? The reason why I am asking is that most steam distillation systems makes use of jacketed kettles, thus the steam never comes into contact with the mash/wash.

If going with direct steam injection, and not using chemicals there is nothing protecting your boiler from rusting and having that pumped into your wash with the steam. 

For direct steam injection, and not treating with chemicals you will need to do a number of precautionary things to ensure your product comes out tasting well. I typically advise against direct steam injection unless you "need" to run it like for a continuous column or other specialized piece of equipment.

For other specialized systems it might be easier to use a jacketed system to generate clean steam to inject into your other still like for grappa or other direct steam required distillation.