Mash Vessel vs Lauter Tun

Hello all, I have recently joined a new distillery after having distilled at two prior distilleries. We are mainly a bourbon distillery, which I am familiar with; however the largest difference here is that our mashing process will be done in a Mash Vessel as opposed to a Lauter Tun, which I am much more used to. Does anyone know if there are any major differences in the process? I know I will have to now "ferment on the grain," but does that entail much difference in the chemistry of the process? I typically have used BSG's "superfood yeast nutrient" as the nutrient for fermenting, however this has always been off the grain. Will this still work? Any advice or pointers about the differences are welcome, please and thank you!

The main difference is that you will be leaving the grain in for the duration of the ferment so it ends up being a simpler process. It can result in some different chemistry due to the fact that the hulls are left in the fermenter. 

You can use your nutrient as you had before, along with any other stabilizers. Main thing is to watch the pH as the hulls of highly modified grains can tend to be acidic.