Price sheets

Hello everyone. We've been using a price sheet that I created since launching our company. I think it's a pretty clear format and very "to the point" with information on product, price, terms, case size, pallet size, etc. and I have not had anyone question it so far.

As we enter other markets through distribution and at the risk of looking/sounding uninformed, can anyone please tell me if there is some sort of uniform price sheet format that distributors expect to get pricing schedules in? Perhaps there is some important information that I may have neglected to include in our version. If so, would someone kindly share it by either posting it or emailing it to me?

Thank you and I look forward to meeting some of you in Portland this April and tasting some of the incredible spirits made by members of this forum.

Cheers!

Hi there. We are in a number of states, and do not have a standardized sheet per se with all that information, only some of it. But that sounds like a good idea! A couple words of caution - states vary on who has the burden to collect/report the state tax, so it's important to be clear on whether the pricing includes applicable taxes. Also, be sure you're mentioning the shipping/risk terms (FOB from the distillery is the most common, so it's clear that the transit costs, and risk, is on them once it leaves your place).

If you go into a control state, they have their own form with specs and requirements that you'll have to complete, but they'll give it to you.

And distributors are by no means universal, so each may have a different requirement. It's most important to agree on the partnership, the key terms, etc. - the rest can be forwarded later if it needs to be.

Cheers!

Hello everyone. We've been using a price sheet that I created since launching our company. I think it's a pretty clear format and very "to the point" with information on product, price, terms, case size, pallet size, etc. and I have not had anyone question it so far.

As we enter other markets through distribution and at the risk of looking/sounding uninformed, can anyone please tell me if there is some sort of uniform price sheet format that distributors expect to get pricing schedules in? Perhaps there is some important information that I may have neglected to include in our version. If so, would someone kindly share it by either posting it or emailing it to me?

Thank you and I look forward to meeting some of you in Portland this April and tasting some of the incredible spirits made by members of this forum.

Cheers!

Attached is the Standard Quotation form used by several control states.

Blank Standard Quotation Form2.xls

Cheers!

Would you care to share your form? As a new start up any aids and pointers are much appreciated

Dick Garofalo

• 2 weeks later...