yeast suggestion?

Werner Distilling

Being new to this, I put my question in beginners. I need a suggestion for a yeast for vodka production, using a corn wash. I will be using enzymes. I will not be fermeting on the grain, I will be fermenting 45gallons at a time. There seems to be a dizzying variety. Also, about how long will it take to get through primary fermentation with your suggestion? That will help me to decide what, if any trade offs for cost I will have to look at. Thanks, Greg

How do you intend to separate the mash/wash?

Brad.

Being new to this, I put my question in beginners. I need a suggestion for a yeast for vodka production, using a corn wash. I will be using enzymes. I will not be fermeting on the grain, I will be fermenting 45gallons at a time. There seems to be a dizzying variety. Also, about how long will it take to get through primary fermentation with your suggestion? That will help me to decide what, if any trade offs for cost I will have to look at. Thanks, Greg

• 2 weeks later...

We use Lalvin EC-1118 (From Lallemand) with great success. Ferments to 18%, is temperature tolerant, produces low levels of sulphides, Requires relatively little nitrogen... overall a great champagne yeast super for distilling vodka.