Hello

Hello to all. We are in the beginning stages of opening an on farm distillery here in upstate NY. In the beginning we will be distilling products with fruit bases. Open to hearing from anyone that has knowledge/ consulting ability to share when it comes to fruit distillation. Especially concerning apple and montmorency cherries. Vodka production will be our first endeavor. Looking for possible candidates to fill our "distiller" position as well. Thanks for all of the valuable info being shared here. Very helpful site indeed!

Welcome, and good luck in the months ahead.

If you come to the ADI conference in Portland,April 4-7, you can get a lot of your questions answered.

I hope all goes well.

Cheers,

Drew

Hello to all. We are in the beginning stages of opening an on farm distillery here in upstate NY. In the beginning we will be distilling products with fruit bases. Open to hearing from anyone that has knowledge/ consulting ability to share when it comes to fruit distillation. Especially concerning apple and montmorency cherries. Vodka production will be our first endeavor. Looking for possible candidates to fill our "distiller" position as well. Thanks for all of the valuable info being shared here. Very helpful site indeed!

Klaus Hagmann of Kothe is pretty sharp on fruit distillation, if for no other reason he does it himself as well as judges other products at various tasting competitions.

Where in NY State are you located and what is the name of your distillery? I am interested in what you do with the Montmorency Cherries

Dick Garofalo

Fr Ewing

Welcome and good luck. I'm also opening a distillery in Upstate New York. I would be happy to help. Getting the ATF and NYSLA can be challenging. Check out our website, www.saratogadistilleries.com. Write me directly at richdevall@acmenet.net.