Asia and Bourbon

Ken

Folks,

The day job that pays the bills requires me to travel quite extensively and I am currently passing through Singapore and Hong Kong. Every year, I hope to see more American distilled products behind the bar. Every trip I drink Scotch, good Scotch which I enjoy, but I would love to be able to introduce a nice Bourbon to my friends here. There are great American products both craft and the big guys, but virtually zero market penetration across the Asian market.

This is an amazingly fast growing market and the typical list of American labels is limited to Jack Daniels and Jim Beam with at least 7 or 8 Scotch and Irish Whiskey labels behind every bar prominantly displayed. The Jack and the Beam tends to be relegated to the well.

While not relevant to many of us on the forum, there is a massive market in Asia for the folks reaching for the stars and I would love to see American Products take their proper place next to the Scotch and Irish whiskey.

Ken

I'd love to see that as well. I'm frequently trying to introduce my Japanese friends to high end bourbon when they're here; it just seems like a natural fit to the Asian, especially Japanese market. I can see Blanton's or any of the Van Winkle bourbons doing very well.