Jump to content

Missouri- New, Friendly Laws on Governers Desk


Recommended Posts

Quote from St.Of Mo site on HB101, waiting to be signed.

Good examples for other states.

Summary of the Truly Agreed Version of the Bill


This bill changes the laws regarding liquor control. In its main

provisions, the bill:

(1) Allows the Supervisor of the Division of Alcohol and Tobacco

Control within the Department of Public Safety to issue a special

liquor license to an applicant for a wine shop as defined in the

bill to sell intoxicating liquor by the drink on Sundays from 10

a.m. to 10 p.m. In addition to all other required fees, the

applicant must pay $200 per year for the license;

(2) Allows a special permit to be issued for a licensed liquor

establishment located in Kansas City to sell intoxicating liquor

from 6 a.m. to 3 a.m. on the morning of the following day within

one 24-hour period. Only six permits per calendar year can be

granted for each establishment. The fee for each permit will be

$50 which is to be paid to the Director of the Department of


(3) Allows any winery, distiller, manufacturer, wholesaler, or

brewer or designated employee, with the permission of the

licensee, to provide distilled spirits, wine, or malt beverage

samples for customer tasting purposes at licensed retail premises

that have a special permit or a by-the-drink-for-consumption-on-

the-premises-where-sold retail license. No money or anything of

value can be given to the retailer for the privilege or

opportunity of conducting the tasting;

(4) Allows an employee of or a sampling service retained by a

retailer, winery, distiller, manufacturer, or brewer to dispense

distilled spirits, wine, or malt beverage samples. All sampling

service employees who actually dispense samples must complete a

server training program approved by the division. Any samples

remaining after a tasting must be returned to the retailer,

winery, distiller, manufacturer, wholesaler, or brewer who

provided the samples; and

(5) Specifies that certain clubs, organizations, caterers, and

others who hold a temporary permit or special license to sell

intoxicating liquor by the drink are also allowed to sell

intoxicating liquor in its original package.

Copyright © Missouri House of Representatives


Missouri House of Representatives

96th General Assembly, 1st Regular Session

Last Updated June 27, 2011 at 9:10 am

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...