white whiskey formula

bioviper

Actually, you would just call it "whiskey." According to some other threads (search for it) the TTB doesn't like the term "white whiskey" as it's not a recognized class and type.

Also, according to the Beverage Alcohol Manual, (google that and download the PDF) "Light Whiskey" is defined as follows:

"Whisky produced in the U.S. at more than 80% alcohol by volume (160 proof) [but less than 95% alcohol by volume (190 proof)] and stored in used or uncharred new oak containers."

So that term may or may not apply to what you are making. Your name might also include the predominant grain; again, see the BAM for detailed definitions.

Actually, you would just call it "whiskey." According to some other threads (search for it) the TTB doesn't like the term "white whiskey" as it's not a recognized class and type.

Also, according to the Beverage Alcohol Manual, (google that and download the PDF) "Light Whiskey" is defined as follows:

"Whisky produced in the U.S. at more than 80% alcohol by volume (160 proof) [but less than 95% alcohol by volume (190 proof)] and stored in used or uncharred new oak containers."

So that term may or may not apply to what you are making. Your name might also include the predominant grain; again, see the BAM for detailed definitions.

its going to be a unaged all malt whiskey. so i wonder if it should be under malt whiskey class type

Calling it "malt whiskey" definitely seems preferable to me. The term "light whiskey" seems a bit tainted to me, as you often find it in conjunction with the term "blended," which means a blend of as little as 20% whiskey and up to 80% GNS. There are a number of possible variations, see p. 4-4 of the BAM for all the possibilities.

• 3 weeks later...