Another Jim Skorupski Racing? This time it's Juan Rojas.

Sonja

Like the discussion awhile back about inquiries from Jim Skorupski racing (http://adiforums.com/index.php?showtopic=592&st=20), we got another strange letter in the mail today, so I'm figuring some others are going to get it as well. Here's how it goes, on a half sheet of paper that was cut, with no signature and computer produced:

-----

JUAN ROJAS

20 SEYMOUR DRIVE

SHIRLEY, NY 11967

U.S.A.

Dear Sir or Madam:

Hello, my name is Juan Rojas. Ia m a fan and supporter of your fine organization. I am presently in the process of building a bar/gameroom in the basement of my new house. This is very exciting to me because I would love to decorate it with some souvenirs from your organization. I was wondering if you could send me some memorabilia, posters, t-shirts, hats postcards, or anything else possible to decorate it with. Thank you very much for your time and courtesy.

Sincerely,

Juan Rojas

----

Um, no.

It occurs to me that there are all these books that tell people how to make money on eBay. I wonder if one of the tips is to write these types of letters to companies that likely have swag and then to sell the stuff on eBay. That at least would attach a credible motive to these letters. The only problem with this theory is that, if it's true, you'd probably get way more than you do.

I hadn't thought of that, Chuck - that makes sense as a possible explanation. But, you are right, we'd likely get more of them if it was in a book or something. I just can't imagine that anyone would actually send the guy something after that note?