Hello to all

I have been dreaming of owning and operating a distillery for many years, and I am currently working on it. I am new to the forum, and would like to say hello.

Could someone tell me about the bond that is required?

Thanks.

Sharon

I have been dreaming of owning and operating a distillery for many years, and I am currently working on it. I am new to the forum, and would like to say hello.

Could someone tell me about the bond that is required?

Thanks.

Sharon

Dear Sharon,

Welcome to the ADI Forum, and all of us here have dreamt the same thing for that long, as well! Hello to you, and good luck on making it a reality.

The bond that you are after is a surety bond that safeguards the potential tax liability of your product in case of theft, accidental loss, acts of God, or other forms of loss that would otherwise deprive the government of their law-appointed right to their fair share. Your surety bond is an insurance policy that covers these types of loss, or rather, the tax liability portion of it. A bond for a small distillery could be purchased for under $1000.00 per year, but it is proportional to volume produced. One would never under-bond his/her distillery; over-bonding by a large amount is not wise either.

All the very best,

Rusty

Hi Rusty.

Thank you for the information. This forum is so very helpful. I have learned alot by just reading the posts!

I am from Virginia, and hopefully, my dream will come to fruition. I'm working on it.

Thanks again,

Sharon

• 10 months later...