Hello All

What a great resource this forum is...nice work Bill!

The Barrel Mill is a cooperage in Central, MN

We produce high quality american oak barrels (charred #3) for the craft distillers market.

In addition to barrels we also manufacter an oak adjunct called The Infusion Spiral, which oaks spirits much quicker, and for less $!

Right now we have an ADI member special going on for 5 and 30 gallon oak barrels. 5 gal= $119, 30 gal= $189.

For additional information and references please give me a call.

Cheers-

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

I work under Dr. Kris Berglund at Michigan State University, and we're going to be doing some research on extraction from alternative oaking products with spirits.

I was wondering if you have any information on the rate of extraction from your spirals, or if you would be willing to send us

samples so we could test it. Our goal is to do as much research in the area as possible and make it publicly available to the artisan distilling community.

We would also possibly be interested in purchasing barrels to do comparisons on.

Best wishes,

John D. Jeffery

What a great resource this forum is...nice work Bill!

The Barrel Mill is a cooperage in Central, MN

We produce high quality american oak barrels (charred #3) for the craft distillers market.

In addition to barrels we also manufacter an oak adjunct called The Infusion Spiral, which oaks spirits much quicker, and for less $!

Right now we have an ADI member special going on for 5 and 30 gallon oak barrels. 5 gal= $119, 30 gal= $189.

For additional information and references please give me a call.

Cheers-