Long time Lurker--two time registered

Greetings all.

Thanks for this excellent Forum. It has been invaluable.

I am the founder of Ridge Distillery LLC in Northwest Montana. We have only started this adventure last year but we're already in it up to our eyeballs. So far, it has been nothing but fun. Well, except for paying the attorney fees. We have started soliciting bids for our new building while we work with the county, state and feds. It's like a circus: lots of clowns and a few lions and tigers.

I have been active in The Wormwood Society for three years and currently serve the members and GStone as Moderator, Advisory Board member and general hit man. I'm sure it comes as no surprise, we are hoping to release an absinthe (or two) and a couple of regional releases. Heavy emphasis on small batch.

Other than carefully crafted artisan booze and fine cocktails, I like live theatre, fly fishing and long walks on the beach.

Seriously. It is a pleasure to be here.

Joe

• 9 months later...

The slightest of updates from Northwest Montana:

Ridge Distillery will begin testing our new equipment this weekend. We are the proud owners of a shiny DSP Permit from the TTB and State of Montana. Work begins in earnest now of finalizing our formulas. The last seven months have been fairly arduous although the good folks at the TTB and Helena have been patient and friendly every step of the way.

• 9 months later...

It has taken almost 18 months from our commitment until finally this week, we sent our first delivery to the State Liquor Warehouse in Helena, MT., sold our first bottles of Silvertip Gin and made our first deposit into the Ridge Distillery bank account.

This is not for the faint of heart. Tenacity (or hard-headedness) is simply a requirement. It hasn't been especially difficult but it has been arduous from the beginning. I feel like I have earned another Master's degree.

There are at least three members of ADI that have been of tremendous help and the Forum itself has provided numerous links, clues, hints and advice that have been invaluable.

We are still rookies at Ridge Distillery but we have survived the first gauntlet and we're still standing. Thanks, ADI and the membership. Your help has been greatly appreciated.

Santé,

Joe