Jump to content

Contract Distilling in CA


Recommended Posts

Hey I'll keep this as bullet points to save you all time.

  • I'm trying to figure out what permits I need to hire an existing distiller to do a contract run.
  • I know the TTB will let me do it with a wholesalers license but without an actual warehouse.
  • I'm working with the CA ABC to try to see what the minimum requirements are to be a wholesaler (they seem to require that I have a proper warehouse.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

So, I'm guessing no, but how about another angle? Has anyone had any experience contract distilling in CA? It seems easy enough for a lay person to produce a contract beer or wine run, but the TTB/ABC have been fighting me tooth and nail on a hooch run.

Anybody know of a good place to start?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the way to go is to become a distributor, with a distributor's license. Then you can approach a distillery about doing a private label brand, and you are the sole distributor.

But I'm guessing...this is not an area of expertise, for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...