New distillery marketing

yaakmt

Im in the initial stages of starting a small local distillery. I have a name and logo. Is it legal to produce logo tshirts and other marketing products? I understand that labels need to be approved before put on product but do generic labels etc for marketing have same requirements? Thank you.

I'm starting up as well so I have limited experience to offer.

However, make sure you read up on the TTB rules on logos and bottle decorations (I can't recall their exact terminology). There's some general rules such as you can't use any state or nation's flag on your product.

It depends on the state laws . Interestingly enough in for example NY, it appears that the law says that while you are not a distillery, you can sell all the distillery branded merchandise you want. But once you become a distillery, you can't.

It depends on the state laws . Interestingly enough in for example NY, it appears that the law says that while you are not a distillery, you can sell all the distillery branded merchandise you want. But once you become a distillery, you can't.

Roger,

That is quite an odd law! I would have never thought a state would impose such a restriction.