Alembic water line question

So I've been looking into water lines for my 500L Alembic pot still and I keep seeing pictures of set ups exactly like this one but I can't seem to figure out who the company is that makes it. Anyone know?

post-8378-0-84096000-1407742526_thumb.jp

Interesting setup, what is the water line you are talking about?

Is it the one that runs to the top of the helmet? It is possibly adding a bit of extra reflux but I cant see where the discharge is.

That looks like an Al-Alambique, with the additional retort on it. The extra stainless reflux plumbing looks aftermarket to me. I wonder how efficient that system is.

So I've been looking into water lines for my 500L Alembic pot still and I keep seeing pictures of set ups exactly like this one but I can't seem to figure out who the company is that makes it. Anyone know?

That is Montanya Rum's still. It is made by iberian copper, copper-alembic.com. What you are seeing is the drain lines that are plumbed together using simple hardware store plumbing items. Just so we are aware, the dephlagmater looking disk is sold as a refining lentil, it does work well, but even with extensive cleaning, flavors between spirits carry over. So as montanyas makes only rum, it doesnt effect them. I switched to a flute after a while and ended up purchasing a 500 liter flute styled setup when going legal. Heres the basic operation of the cooling lines:

Cooling water gets tee'd, one side goes to the bottom of the condesor bucket, the other side goes to the refining lentil. Both of which should have a needle valve otherwise you will waste water and probably force too much reflux. A trickle of water easily got me 90%. In the refining lentil you will want to place a rag or towel on top, cut to the size of top of the lentil. I also tee'd and looped tubing around the top tube with holes to spray the entire top of the lentil.

The hot wasted water appears to also be tee'd in this setup, and it looks like they added an additional needle valve from the lentil effectively pooling water on top. I never did this, I forced enough reflux with no needle valve on the exiting water from the lentil. Either way it is not necessary to tee the waste waters together if you are just exiting to a drain. Gravity does the work as long as the hot water leaving the cooling bucket comes from the top.

All I would say is dont over think this, its simple plumbing and not hard to do by any means, and really only a hardware store trip away.