They say there's more than corn in Indiana

Unfortunatly there is no such thing as a hobby distillery unless you are interested in running a distillery to loose money. The federal laws governing distilling are very specfic it is Illegal to distill without a federal permit. You should go to one of the seminars given by the German still makers before moving forward. As for corn most are good just don't use any pre treated corn used for seeds that may have herbicide. I am in Indiana, South Bend Mishawaka if you would like you can visit my Distillery. Email me off the forum.

Steve Ross

Also you should go to the TTB Expo. The seminars are free and tell you all the legal ramifications.

It is june 24-26, 2009.

http://www.ttb.gov/expo09/index.html

Unfortunatly there is no such thing as a hobby distillery unless you are interested in running a distillery to loose money. The federal laws governing distilling are very specfic it is Illegal to distill without a federal permit. You should go to one of the seminars given by the German still makers before moving forward. As for corn most are good just don't use any pre treated corn used for seeds that may have herbicide. I am in Indiana, South Bend Mishawaka if you would like you can visit my Distillery. Email me off the forum.

Steve Ross