Hello To All

Hello All,

I'm very happy to find this forum. I'm very interested in the art of distilling and would like to open a craft distillery myself, but have a lot to learn. I made beer at one time but got bored with it. Distilling, on the other hand has fasinated me since I was a teenager in the late 70's. So, here I am... fasinated in the posibility of being a distiller.

I Thank You All In Advance,

J.B. Corn

• 5 months later...

likewise I am very happy to find this forum. For it holds tons of useful info and people. My father and I are in the very beginnings of gathering info to start a micro-distillery in South Carolina. Wishing to start it on my grandfathers farm. Hoping to retro fit old barn for this new business. Any info that anyone has or encouragement would be greatly appreciated!!!! thanks

Encouragement from someone close to opening up.....

Stay at it. It takes lots of energy and time to learn, plan, develop, and produce....and I'm not even producing yet. It's been a crazy road thus far and I haven't even started the race. It has been fun.

Encouragement from someone close to opening up.....

Stay at it. It takes lots of energy and time to learn, plan, develop, and produce....and I'm not even producing yet. It's been a crazy road thus far and I haven't even started the race. It has been fun.

thanks for the encouraging reply John. We are just at the beginning of our journey. Starting to get some good helpful contacts for the ttb in our area. Our county we are in may prove to be a little tougher, though I am hoping for the best! Thanks again for the reply, and good luck with your future plans for your business. May need some advice from time to time and its nice to know that this forum is here. Good job ADI !!!!!!!!