Flood Elevation

Hi all,

Does anyone have experience in dealing with flood elevations for their distillery?  I'm being told by local authorities that all of my equipment needs to be raised off the ground because my building is below flood levels.  It's a difference of about 10 feet, which just doesn't seem feasible to build a platform that high for my still and boiler.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in a floodplain too but just starting the engineering. My BFE is 86 so I'm looking at 88 ft as the floor level. I'm looking to locate my distillery barn in an area with an elevation ranging from 75-80 ft.  I think I'll wind up with a tall foundation, lots of fill or both. Unless there's an exception for non dwelling buildings. I'm hoping my engineering guy has ideas. Inexpensive ones preferably. I'll update this thread when I have more info.

15 minutes ago, Trevor said:

I'm in a floodplain too but just starting the engineering. My BFE is 86 so I'm looking at 88 ft as the floor level. I'm looking to locate my distillery barn in an area with an elevation ranging from 75-80 ft.  I think I'll wind up with a tall foundation, lots of fill or both. Unless there's an exception for non dwelling buildings. I'm hoping my engineering guy has ideas. Inexpensive ones preferably. I'll update this thread when I have more info.

Good luck!!  Would definitely be curious if your engineer has any creative ideas (or if the regulations have any flexibility).  Will post here as well if I'm able to suss anything out with my architect and contractor as we talk to the local officials.