Wanted: 55ml bottles, less than a pallet

porter

Looking for a supplier of 55ml 'sample size' bottles. We want to purchase in small quantities, in the hundreds not thousands per order. Will also need closures of course. Also 200ml, in small quantities.

Porter,

If this is not for in house production use, keep an eye on your TTB regs if they are leaving the plant..

Thanks, but that's why we don't need them by the 1,000's. We'ld like to go the 'small bottle at the checkout' route, but that's later. Want to keep sample of various stages in clear to use as comparisons over aging times.

Appreciate all the input in this thread.

Thanks,

Robert

I would suggest you think about Boston rounds. They come in various sizes and can be bout by the case.

Here is an example. http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=4

Appreciate the link, but we've tried them. A minimum 1 case order is $40 to ship to Missouri, the product is only $80 to start with. They're in WA state so the price is very high for shipping. In our other businesses we found it better to not order anything west of the Rockies due to shipping. We keep to a rule of 30% of product cost is our limit for shipping cost. If you search, you can find higher priced products with very low shipping, and still come in cheaper overall for same product. And any kind of handling fee is unacceptable.

I know my views are commonly accepted as contrary to the accepted wisdom, but if your bottles are for your own internal R&D use, you should use whatever is useful and you can get at an appropriate price, shipping included.

afaik, a lot of small producers simply use a 4 oz boston round. Your potential customer gets a reasonable size to sample your product a couple or three times. They may even have a knowledgeable customer that often buys that class of spirit.

• 5 weeks later...

I know my views are commonly accepted as contrary to the accepted wisdom, but if your bottles are for your own internal R&D use, you should use whatever is useful and you can get at an appropriate price, shipping included.

afaik, a lot of small producers simply use a 4 oz boston round. Your potential customer gets a reasonable size to sample your product a couple or three times. They may even have a knowledgeable customer that often buys that class of spirit.

You have valid points, but the reason for the 55ml in-house is so we don't have a lot of anything special setting around. The smaller size is more convenient, and I really haven't found anything at an appropriate price. I've seen the plastic ones at the stands, and they would work well enough, but I haven't seen them for sale.