So, we have stills (700 Gallon Stripping/300 Gallon Hybrid Pot Still), a boiler, fermentation tanks, a diaphragm pump, a small bottling line and an RO system. But really, that’s all we have at this point. We’re going to be primarily focused on whiskey production. I’m a very recent (about a month) crossover from the brewing world and have set up quite a few breweries in the past, but this isn’t very similar in my experience thus far. I could literally set up a brewery in no time, but I feel like I’m struggling here a bit with the task of identifying everything we need. If anyone has any time, I would greatly appreciate any feedback you’re willing to provide on the following list of things that I believe we still need. Here goes –
· Air Compressor/Air Dryer/Filters.
· Collection/Holding tanks -Low wines, Hearts, Tails, Blending?
· Floor Scale (?).
· Hoses (Distillery specific?).
· Barrel Racking equipment.
· Assorted Clamps, Gaskets, Valves, etc.
· Thermometers (glass/digital).
· Filtration system – Depth or Cartridge or both?
· Cold Liquor Tank/ Chiller(?) (Unsure if Midwest city water is cool enough year-round).
· Ethanol Detectors(s).
· Forklift/Pallet Jack
· Distillery Software.
That’s where I’m currently at with this list. What did I miss? What don’t I need? I’ve generated this list by reading hours and years’ worth of this forum, independent research and insight from the very few folks I know in the industry. I’ve done my best to do my homework before asking for your collective assistance, so hopefully this doesn’t come across as a request to be “baby birded” the info. Thanks again.