Leaky bottle caps

Big Poppa

What sort of closure is it? If it's a screwcap, I'd look primarily at defects in the bottle--Chinese bottles have been known to have uneven ridges which could allow for leakage. Check the bottle that's leaking as well as the screwcap as it's possible that the material of the screwcap got cut through during application (but that's pretty rare, IMHO).

You have confirmed that the leakage is a spirit and not condensation, right?

Either way, I'd take the leaky bottles back to the bottle and closure manufacturers and have them do some research. If they want to keep your business, they'll do the research...

Robert

On some of our 750 ml we have leaks the cap is tight but a drip still emerges this happens on about every 600 bottle what can we do about this it is ?

Guest Liberty Bar - Seattle

What sort of closure is it? If it's a screwcap, I'd look primarily at defects in the bottle--Chinese bottles have been known to have uneven ridges which could allow for leakage.

Yep - I'm guessing that it's a screwcap. I know of one product that used Chinese glass and the closure threads were not made correctly to fit the type of cap...they all leaked.

The manufacturer needs to fix this problem.