Ethenal TIB

A large ethanol producer is looking to sell me some 98% ethanol.   I asked about doing a transfer in bond and he said that is not a requirement during the pandemic.  I am thinking that is not the case and that I need the TIB.  What are your thoughts?

Disregard.  I answered my own question.

Guidance regarding transfers in bond. Under current TTB regulations, when DSPs want to receive either denatured or undenatured ethanol from another domestic DSP, the receiving DSP must submit an application to TTB for authorization prior to the first transfer and ensure appropriate bond coverage. See 27 CFR 19.403, 404. During the period covered by this guidance, for transfers of either denatured or undenatured distilled spirits between domestic DSPs, TTB is exempting DSPs from the requirements to request approval from TTB to receive denatured or undenatured distilled spirits from another DSP and to obtain additional bond coverage. Rather than submit such requests to TTB for approval using TTB F 5100.16, DSPs must maintain records of such receipts, which would include records of the information currently required on TTB F 5100.16.  TTB is authorizing these exemptions under its authority in 27 CFR 19.28 to approve emergency variations from regulatory requirements.