Jump to content

CT License needed to sell spirits produced by another distillery


Recommended Posts

I don't know if anyone here will know about CT liquor law but I'm wondering what licenses/permits (federal and state) you would need if you are selling vodka or gin produced, bottled and shipped by a distillery in another state. Do you still need the DSP from the TTB? In CT the only permit that comes close is a Permit to Manufacture Spirits but that is not what is really happening, so I'm not sure that is what you need. I think it might be possible to have a CT based company and spirit brand, pay a New York State Distillery to make it, bottle it and ship it to stores, distributors, restaurants and bars. The question is does it require a different combination of permits than the norm? Thanks for watching!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Federally, if you purchase for resale at wholesaler, you need a wholesaler's basic permit.  Even if you have a DSP permit, which a wholesaler does not need if it does not distill or process spirits, if you buy bottled product from someone else, you need the wholesale permit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...