Hello from Texas

Hi everyone - I am brand, brand new to distilling and am interested in learning as much as possible. Over the last several years, I’ve thought about getting into micro brewing or into micro distilling but have been too busy at work (I'm a CPA) to devote much time to the subject. As I'm get closer to retirement, I'm giving strong consideration to “diving head first” into distilling (not sure as a hobby or a small business). This site has a wealth of information and with many knowledgeable participates. So, in advance of any postings I'll do, I apologize now for asking stupid questions!

Hi everyone - I am brand, brand new to distilling and am interested in learning as much as possible. Over the last several years, I’ve thought about getting into micro brewing or into micro distilling but have been too busy at work (I'm a CPA) to devote much time to the subject. As I'm get closer to retirement, I'm giving strong consideration to “diving head first” into distilling (not sure as a hobby or a small business). This site has a wealth of information and with many knowledgeable participates. So, in advance of any postings I'll do, I apologize now for asking stupid questions!

Welcome,

Before you invest your money in a distillery project please go get some experience either working at a winery or brewery or goto school for brewing or winemaking. Start home brewing and or making wine now don't wait until you've spent the money to realize you don't know the fundamentals. I hate seeing people stuck to some tarbaby of a project cash strapped and unsure how to proceed. Diving head first is how you break your neck. That said good luck.

Welcome,

Before you invest your money in a distillery project please go get some experience either working at a winery or brewery or goto school for brewing or winemaking. Start home brewing and or making wine now don't wait until you've spent the money to realize you don't know the fundamentals. I hate seeing people stuck to some tarbaby of a project cash strapped and unsure how to proceed. Diving head first is how you break your neck. That said good luck.

Thank you. You are correct, knowledge is king. I need to gain the knowledge and experience before going hog wild.