MOQ on glass

BuffaloBink

• 3 months later...

Depends on the supplier. Everything is tighter post-pandemic. It seems to me, sales people are very comfortable using the 'limited supply, order lots now' tactic even if supply is full.

Prices are higher.

MOQ from saver is a pallet or two, but they're absolutely awful to deal with. And there's no more on-the-spot buying. You have to order 6-8 months in advance and hope they can get their act together and deliver.

Burch has been fair with me. MOQ is super low but I order big to lower shipping cost per unit. 

For custom- it seems like a $10k fee for set up and 50,000 units annually guaranteed, or somewhere around there. 

• 1 month later...

It’s all about finding the right partner for sure. We have plenty of stock options available in the US at pallet quantities. These are new and refreshed and not your typical items you see on shelf. They can be easily swapped from many of the common molds you see in the market. We designed them that way. No label or cork changes needed normally.

Because of our position as both a owner of factories and furnace positions in others, we can find the right solution for custom no problem. At lower MOQ’s and little cost to you. For a commitment, mold cost is covered. Reach out! We would love to help anyone struggling in this space. 

garrett.mager@tricorbraun.com

(812) 605-0633

2CB2E546-C951-444A-AFA8-2ACCEF1BB58B.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

You didn't specifically ask about custom, but incase you were wondering: 20-25M for most glass manufacturers I have dealt with, but I have seen as small as 10M units from some suppliers. This can net a landed shipping container of custom bottles including printed carton and partitions from over seas .80-1.2 USD (depending on complexity, but mostly weight), painted bottles add cost as well.

If you're not interested in full custom, and existing can be made with with a slight blow mold change to add texture and embossing. This option could potentially keep costs and quantities the same as stock prices with you paying the difference in the mold.  

If you want custom, we can help design a bottle for you and give you contacts to multiple suppliers to compare. 
https://tiltbuilt.com

• 1 month later...

In fact, there are many Chinese suppliers whose quality is very good. The MOQ is also 1 pallet. Of course, this is for existing products in stock. If it is customized, usually you need to pay a mold fee of less than 2,000 US dollars, and the minimum order quantity is 40HQ, which is about 20,000 pieces. The exact quantity depends on the shape and size of the bottle. They are very enthusiastic, although they are not very fluent in English. Please feel free to consult me for more details. yuan@sinobottles.com wsa:+8615254401932