Flojet G70 pump mounting setup?

Pour Decisions

Curious to see what you guys are doing as far as a portable mount for your spirits transfer pump. I think I'm looking for something like a small metal bin/tray/enclosure to mount it to, that way when I set it on a barrel or tote of high proof it will ground to them. Any other special considerations as far as grounding?

Enough people have asked us about this that we went ahead and made a little H-frame stand with air filter/regulator, 90° inlet/outlet barbs, and a flow control ball valve. This should make the G57 and G70 plug n' play. I'm guessing it will be overkill for many DIY'ers, but if you don't want to screw around with making your own, here it is.

It keeps the inlet/outlet upright, as Flojet recommends, protects the air inlet with a filter/regulator, and lets you dial in the pump pressure/flow rate. Easy peasy.

As far as grounding, what you propose will only work if the tote and barrel are conductive. A wooden barrel or plastic tote aren't conductive. You probably know that, but just saying for future readers who might not know.

The barrel or tote must be connected to ground themselves, obviously. Some grounding wire from the vessel to a cold water pipe or a copper stake should do the trick.

You can verify that the pump is grounded with a cheap ohmmeter/multimeter. Place one probe on the G70's ground bolt, and the other on the body of the metal barrel or tote that you have grounded. It should detect continuity between the two points.

flojet-pump-stand-front.thumb.jpg.ceb3fc2cd4a2654ec8eea9a8624946b0.jpg

• Thumbs up 1