3-chamber still

DMDistilling

Hey, any information about 3-chamber still, I have been reading about it, but is not information on internet, I would like to know how much abv you could get from that, how is the profiles of temperatures and pressure inside of the vessels. thanks if someone knows about it.

3-chamber stills are interesting, but they do act according to the priciples of other distilling equipment so the pressure should be atmospheric, and the temperature will be based upon the design of the still, the amount surface area to transfer heat into the "upcoming batch", and the boiling temp of the wash or low wines being processed.

The ABV that it produces will also be determined by the input wash or low wines and the temp of the wash or low wines to be heated.  I have heard that they produce a finished product ABV just above what a pot still with a thumper would produce because it is essentially a pot still/thumper/small condenser all in one column and then has its product condenser off to the side. 

12 hours ago, Kindred Spirits said:

3-chamber stills are interesting, but they do act according to the priciples of other distilling equipment so the pressure should be atmospheric, and the temperature will be based upon the design of the still, the amount surface area to transfer heat into the "upcoming batch", and the boiling temp of the wash or low wines being processed.

The ABV that it produces will also be determined by the input wash or low wines and the temp of the wash or low wines to be heated.  I have heard that they produce a finished product ABV just above what a pot still with a thumper would produce because it is essentially a pot still/thumper/small condenser all in one column and then has its product condenser off to the side. 

do you know the average of ABV coming out, the Leopold Bros they don't give to much information about it.

12 hours ago, DMDistilling said:

do you know the average of ABV coming out, the Leopold Bros they don't give to much information about it.

Unfortinately, I couldnt comment on that without having run the exact system. They are incredibly rare, so there really is no average can really be given.

The output ABV will be highly dependent on what it goes in at and the number of "theoretical plates" of the equipment

• 2 weeks later...