Rum ferment, stripping and of course cuts.

needmorstuff

I have fermented 2 x 275L washes and distilled them in pot still mode, collected 110L around 100 proof - giving me 54LPA

I fermented a 3rd 250L of wash

All fermented to around 11% abv (calculated from the stripping runs)

I didnt bother with SG or FG

I used dunder in all my ferments, didnt adjust for ph at all, was around 4.5 fairly consistent through the process.

Ferments start at 30c, end at room temp, ferment dry in about a week

I added the 110L strip + 200L of the fermented wash to a 300L (i know 110 + 200 isnt 300 😉 still and collected through 4 8" bubble cap sections, collecting at 92% to 92.5% abv. Altogether i calculate there is around 70LPA in the still at the start, or 77L @ 92% abv.

I switched the still of as i ran out of time after collecting around 57L at ~92%, I think I could detect tails at this point. Next time I will manage my day better to recover all tails.

I collected in the following amounts :

10L - figured this was all heads
5l
2.5l
2.5l
1.5L
10l
12L
1.5L
1.5L
9 x 1L

It's all been airing for a few days and i have samples of each fraction collected above, watered down to 35% abv.

The cuts guides i have found to date are all when using a pot still, I am just wondering the best approach to determine cuts with what i have and any other threads that have been created for cuts when running through 4 sections. Also when using 4 PLATES/BUBBLE sections how this affects the cuts and the smearing.

I am after what others have experienced also in terms of %%% of heads/hearts/tails. I know mine will be different, I'm just interested in other peoples journey and what they have found.

any guidance greatly appreciated.