What you think about this small production line.

As I mentioned some time ago in my previous post I am a salesman of Genio Still, we normally produce production lines that start with 250L/500L capacity. But recently we have had to build a small scale production line and we did it, it is a complete production line based on the tanks with a capacity of 50 to 100L max. It is a great solution if you want to start on a small scale and after some time increase your production output. 

So the line includes:

- 100L mash tun with an oil jacket, false bottom, agitator, and full control over the mashing process. 

- 100L fermentation tank with pillow plate jacket, agitation system, and automated control offer the agitator spins and fermentation temperature. 

- 100L Genio ODG2 still for taste-rich alcohol production, thanks to our algorithm and use of the water flow regulation and dephlegmenter we can produce alcohol on the exact level that we want till 3% of alcohol in the tank. The unit can produce alcohol with a range of 50-60% / 60-70% / 70-80%. Once we set a range it will produce alcohol on a set range. 

- 50L Genio ERg2 Still - Unit for the production of pure neutral alcohol with 96% +, during our test runs we were able to obtain an ABV of 96.5%. it is a rectification device to make redistillation of the tails that we collect from the pot still device. 

- Genio Mash pump - a great solution to send your mash from the mash tun to the fermentation tank. It can operate with a continuously variable pumping speed and solids up to 18mm. And a maximum pumping speed of 900 spins per minute. 

I am also adding pics of mostly all units without mash tun, as it is in the final steps of production. 

If you have any questions feel free to contact me here or via email at pl@g-still.com

Genio_Fermenter_100L.jpg

Genio_pump.jpg

Genio_still_ERG2_50L.jpg

Genio_still_ODG2_100L.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to know how a 100 liter setup, costing probably as much as one 10 times its size, can be an economically viable way to produce spirits.  Do the math: 100 liters of mash might yield 3 proof gallons of finished whiskey (it can't produce vodka). Assume aging loss of 10%, you'd have like 12, maybe 15 bottles of spirit.  That's the yield for like 4 days of your labor. And that is, of course, assuming you are an exceptional at mashing and your ferments are perfect and your cuts are generous.   No offense, but this pitch is better suited for homedistiller.org

• Thumbs up 2

Yeah, definitely a home distiller setup. My still is only 100 gallons and it's only economically viable because of the unique opportunities offered by being on a small island in the middle of the ocean.

On 3/29/2024 at 8:08 PM, Galapadoc said:

Yeah, definitely a home distiller setup. My still is only 100 gallons and it's only economically viable because of the unique opportunities offered by being on a small island in the middle of the ocean.

Yeah if you ever need to upgrade out there you should look into a "bagasse-style" or other type of alternative fuel boiler where you could feed in raw materials to generate your steam for production.

100 gallons is the smallest I recommend for commercial clients, but even then it's tough to make things work economically for a setup that small unless making gins with GNS base. You have a special situation being on an island, which is a super cool distillery. Do you have a website?

The unit the OP posted looks nice, but with what I imagine the cost would be, puts it in the hobby (with no price limit) category.

• Thumbs up 1

12 hours ago, Kindred Spirits said:

Yeah if you ever need to upgrade out there you should look into a "bagasse-style" or other type of alternative fuel boiler where you could feed in raw materials to generate your steam for production.

100 gallons is the smallest I recommend for commercial clients, but even then it's tough to make things work economically for a setup that small unless making gins with GNS base. You have a special situation being on an island, which is a super cool distillery. Do you have a website?

The unit the OP posted looks nice, but with what I imagine the cost would be, puts it in the hobby (with no price limit) category.

No website. We were looking into that but all of our sales will be local for the foreseeable future. Not much need for a website in a place where everyone knows everyone.

We're all electric right now but we'll have to go to steam when we upgrade. We were originally going to go with steam but it was cost prohibitive for this scale. The built-in baine marie oil heater from Affordable Distillery Equipment was the best choice for 100 gallons, but the electricity is going to be too expensive when we go up to 600 gallons. There's a regressive sliding scale based on consumption so the more we use, the more expensive the kwh. Who knows? There's a 5 acre solar farm right behind my property and they just privatized it, so maybe I can strike a deal directly with them. Gotta get through phase 1 first.

Thank you for all of your opinions I appreciate it.

Just to explain this setup is a micro-scale of the production line that we offer as we can make the same line in capacity from 250L to 2000L depending on the client's needs. This one was prepared for a small-scale distillery which does not have a lot of space which is why we made a line that is based on 100L equipment :)