cooling and carbonation

Just wondering if anyone knows of a system that would cool and carb on demand.  Just some sort of in line system so that we dont have to take all the time cooling and carbing in Brite tanks. 

Honestly dont even know if something like this exists but im guessing the big boys in the beer world are not carbing like all the little guys.  

In-line cooling is an option. You can go from room temp flat product, straight into a filling machine. However, there are plenty of gotchas and limitations. I evaluated the ProCarb units linked above as well as offerings from QuantiPerm last time this topic came up; both seemed good. I got some great guidance from QuantiPerm. https://quantiperm.com/xflowminisurge/ . These units are not cheap.

You will potentially need a lot of cooling capacity to bring liquid down to carbonation temps that quickly. And you need to be running large, frequent batches for this to make sense. Supposedly the inline units consume less co2, but it seemed like a pretty marginal difference in the grand scheme of RTD costs.  You also need the right pump (a powerful VFD if memory serves) to deliver the product to the sled at the appropriate flow rate and pressure.

In the end we wound up using brite tanks.

7 hours ago, FIVE x 5 Consulting said:

In-line cooling is an option. You can go from room temp flat product, straight into a filling machine. However, there are plenty of gotchas and limitations. I evaluated the ProCarb units linked above as well as offerings from QuantiPerm last time this topic came up; both seemed good. I got some great guidance from QuantiPerm. https://quantiperm.com/xflowminisurge/ . These units are not cheap.

You will potentially need a lot of cooling capacity to bring liquid down to carbonation temps that quickly. And you need to be running large, frequent batches for this to make sense. Supposedly the inline units consume less co2, but it seemed like a pretty marginal difference in the grand scheme of RTD costs.  You also need the right pump (a powerful VFD if memory serves) to deliver the product to the sled at the appropriate flow rate and pressure.

In the end we wound up using brite tanks.

We are doing it in brites now.  I have though that we could cool the brites overnight down to 50is and reduce the hive drop needed at bottling time.  But idk these things smell expensive 

A smaller inline unit with surge tank and no chilling is going to run you $30k+ and prices increase quickly from there. Your nose is not misleading you.  IMO if you have a brite tank and cooling capacity, you're better off chilling and carbing in the brite tank, especially while you get your sea legs.