How big was your first commercial still?

chinookpilot77

Still Size?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What size still started your micro distillery?

• 1-25 gallons
    • 26-50 gallons
    • 51-100 gallons
    • 100-200 gallons
    • 200-500 gallons
    • 500+ gallons

Just trying to gauge how you all got started in the business. With my very preliminary math, I am thinking I need to make roughly 2 barrels a week in order to make my business sustainable, as well as collect a small paycheck. From what I'm gathering, the size of the still directly correlates to the amount of work put in to the manufacturing process...the less time spent distilling, the more time available for marketing and distribution.

I was wondering how you all got started and kept your operations running through the lean years.

Just trying to gauge how you all got started in the business. With my very preliminary math, I am thinking I need to make roughly 2 barrels a week in order to make my business sustainable, as well as collect a small paycheck. From what I'm gathering, the size of the still directly correlates to the amount of work put in to the manufacturing process...the less time spent distilling, the more time available for marketing and distribution.

I was wondering how you all got started and kept your operations running through the lean years.

Lean years, by doing all the work your self and do not except to be getting a pay check for some time as you will be putting money in each month for a few years. Coop