blind tasting glasses

Copperstill

Does anybody know where to order tulip style tasting glasses that are either black or dark blue that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

Interested also, but clear.

What we are looking for sounds similar. A distillery in StLouis uses them, but didn't know where they got them, said they are 'scotch tasters'. Have a nice flute flare on top, nearly a bowl bottom. Short stem.

Looked on the suggested site, nothing of that quality there.

Interested also, but clear.

What we are looking for sounds similar. A distillery in StLouis uses them, but didn't know where they got them, said they are 'scotch tasters'. Have a nice flute flare on top, nearly a bowl bottom. Short stem.

Looked on the suggested site, nothing of that quality there.

Here is a link for 6 packs of the Flint tulips

http://le-cognac.com/carafes/verres.html

I've never seen them tinted but that sounds like the Glencairn whisky nosing glass. They're not expensive at all. Contact Andy Davidson at Glencairn at Andy@Glencairn.co.uk

The glencairn glass is just a tulip glass without a stem they work fine but I'm looking for tinted tulip shaped glasses for doing blind tasting trials.

The glencairn glass is just a tulip glass without a stem they work fine but I'm looking for tinted tulip shaped glasses for doing blind tasting trials.

Ok so what is everybody blending and nosing in?

OK, I finally will bite. Could you explain why you want "tinted" glasses? Do not all the senses play a roll in making choices? We use the Glencairn. Yes, Andy is a decent fellow to work with. But I also enjoy those little bowl with tulip glasses Bill Owens had at the San Fransisco Conference 2 years ago. Anyone with a connect on those? and the covers? or were they just broken stems?

OK, I finally will bite. Could you explain why you want "tinted" glasses? Do not all the senses play a roll in making choices? We use the Glencairn. Yes, Andy is a decent fellow to work with. But I also enjoy those little bowl with tulip glasses Bill Owens had at the San Fransisco Conference 2 years ago. Anyone with a connect on those? and the covers? or were they just broken stems?

All senses do but sometimes I like to sharpen my skills by hiding the blend color and a tinted dark blue or black(really it dark purple) glass prevents you form being able to see if the spirit/blend is darker from more oak/time in barrel for example. These glasses are also useful when doing two out of three cross comparisons. The tulips if they are for brandy can be purchased from http://lecognac.nexc...ccessoires.html if your were talking about the grappa glasses that were at hanger 1 I'm not sure where they get those.

I'm sure there are others and if you hunt you might find a better price but these aren't that expensive. as for the watch glasses buy those from a scientific website.

http://www.spectrum-...=action&key=780

I don't know about the glasses Bill had, but Glencairn has lots of other stuff. They have the covers, which are called watch glass covers. You can also get them from scientific supply companies. They're really good when you're pouring in advance for a large group. Much sexier than using paper coasters.