Nips?

ny_spirits

Just wondering - is anyone doing the little nip bottles? If so, do you fill and cap them yourself? We were about to purchase a pallet of these tiny bottles but then our bottle distributer told us we would need some sort of special capping machine (we currently cap by hand). I am also not sure if we could use our filler for such a small bottle.

I'm guessing by "nip" you mean 50ml bottles. We do pack 50ml bottles. We hand label, fill on our filler, hand cap, applt a tamper seal, and then shrink wrap in six packs. It is a very labor intensive and expensive process. Our 50ml bottles are in a glass version of the 750 we use, imported from France. FYI we retail our 50ml at almost $6 each - and have trouble making enough to meet demand.

So - it can be done, but not easily!

Don

Our distributor is demanding the 50 ml - we cant keep up! It is very labor intensive and takes for ever to make a case of 120 units.

It must of been the airline industry that determined this was a good idea! I can't wait until we can afford the 40K for a little bottle (automated) machine. Then we will get caught up on demand.

Don,

Yes - the 50ml bottles is what I mean. Our customers keep asking for them. I think we use the same bottle as you - the Neos from Saverglass? So I guess our bottle salesperson was wrong - we can hand cap. I wonder why she thought we'd need a special capping machine? It is encouraging to hear you can charge $6 for them given the work it takes.

Thanks!

Sarah

I'm guessing by "nip" you mean 50ml bottles. We do pack 50ml bottles. We hand label, fill on our filler, hand cap, applt a tamper seal, and then shrink wrap in six packs. It is a very labor intensive and expensive process. Our 50ml bottles are in a glass version of the 750 we use, imported from France. FYI we retail our 50ml at almost $6 each - and have trouble making enough to meet demand.

So - it can be done, but not easily!

Don

Don,

Yes - the 50ml bottles is what I mean. Our customers keep asking for them. I think we use the same bottle as you - the Neos from Saverglass? So I guess our bottle salesperson was wrong - we can hand cap. I wonder why she thought we'd need a special capping machine? It is encouraging to hear you can charge $6 for them given the work it takes.

Thanks!

Sarah

The $6 price keeps our production very low. Perfect plan in my humble opinion.

Don

• 1 month later...
The $6 price keeps our production very low. Perfect plan in my humble opinion.

Don

We only sell ours for $3 retail.....I am dying to know how you pulled off the $6?!?!?! (Insert jelously)

We only get 35 120pk cases bottled in a day....I hear everyone's frustrations on these. I HATE doing these little bastards...they suck up a production schedule!

Then let the distributor(s) know that you're not Diageo with a giant computer controlled bottling line. That you have very limited resources and that it's not cost effective to continue to make them at the price point offered. The whole idea is to stay in business and not be driven out of business by someone in the marketing department at some other company.

I am having trouble sourcing these little bottles. I use Waterloo but they tell me I have to buy a pallet which is 9000 little bottles or somthing like that. Anyway it was huge and I couldn't imagine using them all unless I sponsored an airline.

Would anyone like to share their source for these little bottles in small quatities maybe a few of us could make an order together. I use the Bellisima bottle from Saver which they don't make in 50ml but as long as it looks close.

Nick

• 1 year later...

This Topic seems like the best place to post this question: How are you guys packing the 50MLs? Do you have tiny cartons? Don, you mention shrink wrapping a pack of 6? Is that bottles together wihtout cardboard? We were fortunate enough to have a 50ml of our bottle produced, and have also faced the cap issue. We're hand capping for now, but not until i figure out this last step with packaging them.

Thanks!

-Scott