Filter vs. Centrifuge

So the product I'll be making ends up with a layer of sediment which collects at the bottom. It's basically bits of whole spices leftover from the reduction that's blended into the liqueur. I personally like to leave them in because it makes the bottle look like a magic potion, but I'm going to want a clear product when it comes time to go on shelves.

As far as the best way to do that, I'm still unsure. The sediment will settle out naturally over a day or two, but I'd rather be able to bottle it right away without buying another tank for that (although another tank might be cheaper than the other two options).

I really like the idea of an "unfiltered" product. I'm also concerned that filtering might eliminate some of the flavors along with the solids.

Is there anyone who's using a centrifuge to remove sediment? Any thoughts on which ones would be best for a smaller blending operation?

Thanks for any advice on this!

G’day, I can’t help you as far I’d like, but I can advise you to research these particular products, I believe they will fit your requirements.

http://www.simplecentrifuge.com/

http://www.absolutecentrifuge.com/store.aspx

What I will say is the Absolute centrifuge mob told me that they have sold certain units to small beer makers to filter the yeast from there product. Talk to them both and find out what you think? I’m sure other small outfits will be interested in this out come.

Marc

So the product I'll be making ends up with a layer of sediment which collects at the bottom. It's basically bits of whole spices leftover from the reduction that's blended into the liqueur. I personally like to leave them in because it makes the bottle look like a magic potion, but I'm going to want a clear product when it comes time to go on shelves.

As far as the best way to do that, I'm still unsure. The sediment will settle out naturally over a day or two, but I'd rather be able to bottle it right away without buying another tank for that (although another tank might be cheaper than the other two options).

I really like the idea of an "unfiltered" product. I'm also concerned that filtering might eliminate some of the flavors along with the solids.

Is there anyone who's using a centrifuge to remove sediment? Any thoughts on which ones would be best for a smaller blending operation?

Thanks for any advice on this!