Hoga stills

JoeB1

I've been looking at the Hoga 1000L column still. I was wondering if anyone has used one of these stills and what your experience with it is.

230 gallons for 10k and 3 months back order. Call jesse www.neverstandsstill.com

Hi Curtis,

I've seen you recommend NeverStandStill more than once on this forum. What's your experience with their stills?

-burk

[in the planning stages of setting up our distillery, so this isn't a rhetorical question!]

I've been looking at the Hoga 1000L column still. I was wondering if anyone has used one of these stills and what your experience with it is.

I have a 80L Hoga still with column and have just taken possession of a 1000l Hoga still with column.

Armindo responds to email very quickly but I wish he would have better pdfs of his products with FAQs list as I am sure everyone is asking him the same info.

Mine has CIP on the pot and column, it set up for steam rather than direct heated and has a agitator attached. Quality is artisanal not German precession but then cost reflects this.

I am yet to run it as I it has literally arrived a week or two ago. In the process of setting up micro-distillery with a friend, who has a 1000L Hoga pot still for whisky only.

It was delayed a couple of months but that was fine, it has not held anything up.

My next still will be another Hoga, possibly within the next 6 months!

• 1 month later...

I have a 80L Hoga still with column and have just taken possession of a 1000l Hoga still with column.

Armindo responds to email very quickly but I wish he would have better pdfs of his products with FAQs list as I am sure everyone is asking him the same info.

Mine has CIP on the pot and column, it set up for steam rather than direct heated and has a agitator attached. Quality is artisanal not German precession but then cost reflects this.

I am yet to run it as I it has literally arrived a week or two ago. In the process of setting up micro-distillery with a friend, who has a 1000L Hoga pot still for whisky only.

It was delayed a couple of months but that was fine, it has not held anything up.

My next still will be another Hoga, possibly within the next 6 months!

How do you like your Hoga 1000? Can you easily remove the bubble cap trays to get varying levels of rectification? I like the Hogas, but am unsure how versatile the 1000 l with bubble trays really is. Armindo is nice and promp over email, but I seem to have a hard time communicating with him about details.