Apple Brandy Forum?

This question is prompted by a recent inquiry.

Is there enough interest to justify a forum devoted to apple brandy - from branch to bottle?

Is this forum sufficient?

Would it be better to combine efforts with a cider group, like the Northwest Cider Society, or the Great Lakes Cider and Perry Association? (It's my belief that apple brandy starts as cider, and that a large number of apple brandy distillers are also cidermakers.)

Just wondering...

Charles McGonegal

AeppelTreow Cidery & Distillery

Okay, so there's some interest. But no one has really answered the other questions.

What's wrong with simply doing it in this forum? (Sorting it out from other topics might be easier to focus.)

Would a collaboration with one of the cidermakers groups make sense to you?

I was asked about moderating a separate forum. But 1) I dislike duplicating effort and 2) I've tried to start cidermakers forums several times, without success. At the time, cidermakers weren't web-active.

Okay, so there's some interest. But no one has really answered the other questions.

What's wrong with simply doing it in this forum? (Sorting it out from other topics might be easier to focus.)

Would a collaboration with one of the cidermakers groups make sense to you?

I was asked about moderating a separate forum. But 1) I dislike duplicating effort and 2) I've tried to start cidermakers forums several times, without success. At the time, cidermakers weren't web-active.

I can set up an apple brandy specific forum on here. Should it be a "brandy" forum? or should we establish fruit specific brandy forums? What about other spirit specific forums? Bourbon, malt, rum, other ideas?

Absolutely. I don't know how deep you can nest subforums, but you could add "Specific Spirits" or a similar named category to "Producing Product" section and then create sub-forums for each spirit.

This example may be too involved, with some categories nearly empty, but this is my basic idea off the top of my head (which is full of NyQuil at the moment).

Producing Product

- Brandy

-----Grape

-----Apple

-----Berry

-----Pear

-----Plum

etc

- Herbal Spirits & Liqueurs

-----Absinthe

-----Amaro

-----Nut Liqueurs