Jump to content

Out of state distillery selling in the state of Washington

Recommended Posts

I'm curious what it takes to sell in the state of Washington for an out of state distillery.

Do I just sell directly to stores like Costco, Safeway, etc? Do I have to have a Washington state license of some kind?

I appreciate it,

Nate Owen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to this, it looks like it just went privatized and all you need is a Certificate of Approval from the state. I'm sure beer/wine distributors are eagerly fighting for spirit rights to distribute to their current customers. Hopefully, this will be happening here in Oregon.


Out-of-state info


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is a link to the American Spirits Exchange. They specialize in this kind of stuff. Specifically, they have a service called Foundations that will help you get your state brand registrations so you are able to sell in states other than your own. They also have a multitude of white papers free of charge that will help you understand what permits you need. http://americanspiritsltd.com/

Hope this helps!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...