Hog wild whiskey

Im from Arkansas starting a distillery, but I am only in the research stages right now. Still reading, reading, researching, reading, and reading some more.

My biggest hurdle is putting together a business plan. How does everyone come up with all of their numbers?

is this based on statistics they are finding? and if so where are they finding them at?

or is it strictly estimation?

It also depends on you, are you a person who jumps into things and figures it out along the way, or more of a planner? Are you self funding or getting a loan, or investors? I am not open yet but I can tell you that 2 years after starting my first plan.... A lot of things have changed as I have read and practiced on to test set up to learn. There are a lot of variables and no set way in starting. You have to do what works for you.

Good luck!

I still don't have a business plan or an idea for one. Visit distilleries, take a course, visit the liquor stores observe products and ask questions, what sells and what doesn't. Run your numbers for your costs of goods sold and projected margins. Dig into vendor pricing and keep working on those margins. Extensive market research and a sales plan. Woo Pig Sooie!

I can agree with all of that. I like to have a plan before I jump into it, but I don't want to waste time on planning too much either. I didn't want to go to a distilling school but if they talk about the business side of a distillery also then it may be worth it. I have a good chunk of change that I will continue to build on while im in the process of starting up, and hope to be able to sustain that cash throughout so I can fund it myself.