Wonderful group and Hello

My name is Baron, and I want to start of by introducing myself and saying what a wonderful resource this forum is. There is a true sense of community found here and everyone sincerely seems to want to help each other out. In just the few days I have been snooping around I have learned so much from the art and science of distilling, down to labeling and materials sourcing, all that would have taken significantly longer had I done it on my own. Keep up the great work.

About myself: I have been a server/bartender for most of my working life. I got deep into the craft cocktail movement and loved learning about spirits, their origins, history, processes, formulas, and techniques to make me a better bartender and to make better drinks. But the bartender lifestyle is not for me. I am a morning person, who would rather get up at 6 a.m., than be up until 6 a.m.

I was fortunate enough to get a job at a relatively new (2 1/2 years old) craft distillery here in the Kansas City area. I started as a bartender in their event space, but soon was asked to come in and help with a bottling. That was 9 months ago, and I have showed up almost everyday since. I am starting from the bottom of a quickly expanding operation and am trying to immerse myself in as much knowledge and science as I can, so when I am asked to assist more than I already have, I will be poised to learn the art of this wonderful craft hands on.

Thank you again for the support and the wonderful resource that you all provide.

Cheers!

Baron