ADI conference newbies this year?

I was just curious about how many people that are going to this years ADI conference in Seattle that are new to the industry?

Any people going this year that have been in the past?

I am sure some of the distillers from WA will be going that didn't have a chance to go last year.

I have been the past two years and won some awards. I always have a blast but my liver hates me by the end. Learned a great deal and also have met great people. Just curious to see if there are newbies that haven't decided whether or not to attend. I would urge them to go, lots to learn.

I spoke with Bill Owens a few months back when he visited the distillery. He expected a record number this year which is great as he tried to sip a god awful rum (It was not mine but another local rum not to be named).

Sam, hope to visit your distillery after the conference because I am traveling around to visit family in the Lyman area (north of the city). Never meet them before, I am very excited.

Evan,

Thanks, this is a gracious post.

My wife Carol & I will be attending our first ADI Conference this year and look forward to meeting others in the biz.

While not new to the business world, this is a new venture from the ground up!

Watch for a name change…when others fail to participate, I punish them.

Dirck & Carol

Sam, hope to visit your distillery after the conference because I am traveling around to visit family in the Lyman area (north of the city). Never meet them before, I am very excited.

Evan,

We have just started construction on our distillery and will not be open to the public by the time of the conference, however, we'd be happy to set up a time to meet, and talk about what we are doing. Perhaps even let you sample a little bit of what we will be making. We are located in Lacey which is about an hour and a half drive south of Seattle. We are hoping to be at the conference on Tuesday for the day.

I am a "newbie" to the conference this year but I am very excited to be able to be a part of it. Although I am not a distiller, I have the heart of one for sure! Anyway, I am a GOLD LEVEL SPONSOR for the conference this year and I would encourage you to stop by my booth (#433) and say HI. I have created a revolutionary insurance product specifically for micro distilleries that is not available through anyone else in the country. It will be a huge benefit to the industry and I am excited to bring it to Seattle this year for its debut.

Best,

Aaron Linden - CIC

www.hublinden.com

12 pm Tuesday

• So You Want to Start a Distillery? panel discussion (60 minutes): John Jeffries of Death’s Spirits, Evan Parker of Turkey Shore Distilleries and Robert Cassell of Millstone Spirits

This should be a fun an interesting talk. A few weeks ago, I was not on the list to speak but now I am. This is exciting, Yippie.

It will hopefully shed some light on questions that most start-ups have. Hopes, dreams, fears, reality, money issues, locations, tours, codes..... Hope to see some of you there.

Might be fun to have an ADI forum meetup at some point...just to put some faces to the names.

leftturn, yeah...my old employer was getting uppity about me "misrepresenting" them (fair enough) and the name of my consulting firm is "Dodo Distilleries," so I finally got around to changing it :-)

Tuesday night is the gala dinner and awards...I'm not planning on going to that. Why don't we get a little ADI get together then? The Radiator Whiskey bar isn't far from the convention (right at the clock at Pike Place) What time would be good? The food there is supposed to be relatively good.

I'd love to sit and chat with all of you, realtime!

Natrat, when I studied in Australia back in 2000, I was almost attacked by a Cassowary Bird at a zoo. Very similar to the Dodo but still living.

Check out a pic of the bird. See you in Seattle.

No one replied on the radiator meetup. Anyone want to meet up call me 385 two two seven 1861, love to meet you!